WATER AND SEWER
**Stewartstown Borough's Water and Sewer Department has an immediate opening for a licensed Water OR Wastewater Operator. Minimum qualifications required are a Class C license in either Water OR Wastewater operations, with Subclassification 1 in Water OR Subclassifications 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 in Wastewater. Interested persons can email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 14th!
The Stewartstown Borough Authority meets at Stewartstown Borough building the 3rd Wednesday each month @ 7:00 p.m.
The Stewartstown Borough Authority (Authority) construction of the sewer treatment plant expansion is completed and approved. Applications for Permit for Sewer and Water Service can be picked up, completed, and submitted at the Borough Municipal Office at 6 North Main Street, Stewartstown, PA.
Ira D. Walker, Jr.
Water Conservation Tips for around the Home:
• Do not let the faucet flow while brushing your teeth or shaving.
• Take showers instead of tub baths.
• Consider bathing small children together.
• If your shower has a single-handle control or shut off valve, turn off while soaping or shampooing.
• Refrigerate bottled water instead of letting a faucet flow until the water is cold enough to drink.
• Use a dishpan or plug the sink for washing and rinsing dishes.
• Operate the washing machine and dishwasher only when they are fully loaded.
• Use a broom, not a hose, to clean driveways, steps and sidewalks.
• Wash the car with water from a bucket.
• Water the lawn or garden during the coolest part of the day.
• Set sprinklers to water the lawn or garden only. Do not water the sidewalk or street.